Saturday, July 9, 2011

The 2nd Trimester!

Wow how time flys...I am already 15 weeks and trucking along great. I felt you kick very hard at 14 weeks...but then you went silent for a couple weeks you little turkey. But just this week I have been feeling little flutters and I know its you sayin "Hi mom!" I am starting to show pretty good now, definitely more early on than with Macie : - )

At my last appointment, right at 14 weeks everything looked great. I have not gained any weight which is a good thing so far! She did have a hard time finding you which is always scary for a mom-to-be. But having JUST felt you kick the night before I was confident that nothing was wrong. She did find you eventually... and clocked your heart rate right at 141...which is low...are you maybe a boy? However she couldn't find you since you were sitting up so high...are you a girl?? All "old wives tales" of course, but still fun to guess! Right at this moment I think you might be a girl...but dad is hoping for a boy of course...but we will be thrilled with either : - )


I did have one pregnancy brain moment recently. Billie our dog started acting very funny the other night and we either thought she was sick or that there was gonna be an earthquake! So of course my mind went straight to earthquake : - )  I was so paranoid about it that I took all the pictures off the wall above Macie's bed and even contemplated putting the TV on the floor for safe keeping...just in case!  I even considered calling the insurance man to open an earthquake policy at 9 pm at nite...HA  Well it turns out that we did NOT have an earthquake...I think I am just loosing my mind : - )


At 17 weeks I started panicking that something was wrong so I scheduled a doctors appointment right away...but she found your heart beat much to my relief! I have to wait till 22 weeks to find out your gender...can't wait : - )  At about 21 weeks the baby is kicking kicking all the time. Nick couldn't feel them till right about 22 weeks.   Macie can't wait to meet you, she keeps telling me she wants to rock you...rock you to sleep : - )  She is gonna be a great BIG sister!

The much awaited 2nd trimester ultrasound was last week and this go around we decided to find out the gender...and Macie was right the whole time...she is going to love her BABY SISTER!!! Nick was a little bummed but he got over it quickly : - )  I am absolutely thrilled to have "sisters", they are priceless! But we also found out that the baby is very healthy and no abnormalities thus far... she is even measuring a little ahead of her due date at this point.

Officially her name will be Kelby Lynn Wood. I really wanted to name her after my mom who passed away at such a young age and will never get to meet this little princess, so I changed one letter and absolutely LOVE the name. Her middle name is after her other grandma and it works just perfect. We simply cant wait to meet her already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment