Monday, October 24, 2011

The 3rd Trimester

How time flys!! Can you believe we are in the 3rd trimester already? I can't! But I can definitely feel it LOL...things are getting bigger and bigger and sleep is becoming increasingly more difficult. Rolling over in bed is starting to be challenging as well. Nick is starting to laugh at me already...I look like a beached whale trying to roll on the sand...lovely site!

At our last check up things looked great. The heartbeat was 151...a good strong beat. She said my belly was measuring right on time and I hadn't gained any weight yet. I was down about 10 pounds at one point, but I am back to starting weight at this point and fully anticipate to gain from here on out : - )  We go back to the doc in 3 weeks and then go to every other week check ups!. I can't believe we are already at this point in the pregnancy. Baby is just kicking kicking away all the time, so much fun! Its so comforting to feel her kick, lets momma know that everything is fine. Sometimes if I haven't felt her kick in a while I will poke her and bump her until she wakes up and kicks me a couple time..hehehe. I know it sounds mean, but it makes me feel better!

I am now 34 weeks and still doing very well. I have to say though, #2 is not near as "fun" as #1...because while pregnant with #2 I still have to be a momma to #1! I don't get to sit around and relax when I am tired like before...life doesn't have a pause button : - )  At my last check up I was up about 3 lbs so I still feel great. My belly looks HUGE to me (and most other people) which didn't happen till the last couple weeks with Macie. Putting socks on is NO fun really, and I have gone to slip ons for the most part HA...but hey, I can still get my panties on with no help so that's a plus! The little things are beginning to be BIG things...like shaving, putting lotion on, painting toenails...basically anything below the waste is increasingly more difficult. And sleeping..my beloved sleep is no more. I get up to pee about 2-5 times a night and just can't sleep....uggg! But its just how your body prepares for a newborn I guess : - ) And my ankles and hands are starting to swell a little...I cant wear my rings any longer and my little ankles are showing sock lines now...I think I better slow down!

I am now 38 weeks...but I had an ultrasound Friday and it is showing the baby as already being 7lb 15 oz!!!  And that I am getting very low on fluid/water. Her heart beat was 135-138 and we confirmed that "she" is infact a "she"  : - )  So I have another check up today and they may possibly induce this week. I have thought that I was further along the whole pregnancy, so I wouldn't consider myself "early" if baby came today : - )  We have had a busy busy couple of months with traveling to Chico and hunting and birthdays so we are ready to welcome this baby and some down-time into our lives! I have only gained about 8 lbs so far...not bad....I started at 245...and am just under 255 now. I am enjoying and savoring every kick, movement and hiccup as I know it will be over very soon! Kelby has not been near as active as Macie was in the womb...she is more of small little movements and mild kicks to enjoy...not full blown karate kicks that I was expecting : - )  We did my belly cast this weekend and it turned out great! Nick and I both realized just how different my belly looks now than with Macie after doing the cast. Macie was much wider and higher(even though we thought she was all out front!) and Kelby is VERY out and in the middle...not wide at all. I can't wait to finish the cast and decorate!

Well this may be it since I am expecting them to induce me sometime very soon! Hope you have enjoyed following my pregnancy and can't wait to write all about my new bundle of joy soon!  : - )

No comments:

Post a Comment