Monday, May 9, 2011

The First Trimester

The first trimester...fun times! The beginning is always the hardest because its all so new again : - )  This time it flew by, I think because I didn't know for a few weeks and because life is so busy with a toddler that there is no time to dwell on your pregnancy. Even though I wanted to sit and think and rub my tummy etc...it just didn't happen this time! Before I knew it, it was 14 weeks and didn't even know it.

This pregnant has been so different from the first in so many ways. I did have morning sickness...but only for about 4 weeks! Yay! It started right at 6 weeks almost on the nose and went away at 10 weeks exactly. I took this miracle drug called "Mommies Bliss - Morning Magic" It is all natural and helped a ton with dealing with everyday life while juggling morning sickness. Whoever named it "morning" sickness was not a female HA! But it was very short lived and well worth every minute of it.

After morning sickness came simply: fatness! Its the stage where you are looking like you ate a little too much and are budging in the tummy area. But not enough bulge to proudly show off a baby bump. I did loose 5 lbs in the first trimester which is good for me. I lost 20 lbs the first trimester last time, but I was also sick for twice as long and it was much worse in general.  My friend Tiffany just had a baby and I was complaining to her about my weight and "looking fat, but not pregnant!" and she said "Ya...I feel your pain, I am in that Fat, but NOT pregnant stage!" I thought that was a funny one-liner : - ) About week 12-14 is when I started wanting to wear my maternity pants but haven't succumbed to them yet!

This pregnancy I did get to have a very early ultrasound, to determine my due date. You look like a little alien bean in my belly, see below : - ) The nurses all told me I MUST be 6 weeks because that's what the charts said. But I just knew I was further along. Even the ultrasound tech said to me "Why are you here so early...we aren't going to be able to see anything you know." Then she started the ultrasound and quickly took her words back and said "Oh my, you are all of 9 weeks right now!" And I was so excited!! The heartbeat was 171 and loud and clear. A very reassuring sound for a new momma.


Something fun that begins to happen early is the "flutters." Every pregnant women waits impatiently to feel the first flutter! For me, I was convinced I felt it about 12 weeks...but then I didn't feel anything for a few weeks. So who knows if it was gas or you : - ) Those tickles are priceless and something we all look forward to for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment